How to ensure the success of ERP implementation?
Easly preparation is essential and critical to a successful ERP implementation. Aside from establishing steps of system implementation, direct participation of end-users is also highly recommended, to ensure that end-users fully understand their role within the whole system, and to prevent unnecessary misunderstanding.
- The assignment of an ERP project manager
- Review and approve internal business processes, to ensure that business processes fits the well-thought ERP system, rather than changing the system to meet unrevised business habits. Unless it is absolutely necessary, modifications of ERP systems should be avoided.
- Invite system users and obtain their feedback before system implementation
- Training sessions should include topics of problem solving, rather than mere daily operations
- Completion of assignments within the estimated time is important, but the stability of the system is also crucial.
- Entered data should be approved before full utilization of the system, and ensure that all users are well-prepared for actual operation.
- Implement the most appropriate system. If loopholes in business processes are not solved, the system loses its purpose, and without accurate data, even the most appropriate system would be put into waste! Input of inaccurate data only brings large amounts of useless data to the enterprise. Hence, enterprises must assess the reliability of any test data. A costly delay is still better than a devistating result due to incorrect decision making.
- Computer hardware systems must be evaluated by professionals, to ensure the best optimal performance of software and hardware.
- Initial training for end-users, to understand the characteristics and benefits of ERP
- Introduction of system modules
- Creating basic data entries, such as orders, customers, stock, etc...
- Creating BOMs
- Creating Inventory data
- Creating Sales orders, invoices, MPS, etc...
- Creating Purchase data
- Creating MRPs
- Creating CRPs
- Operations of Job Costing
- Operations of Sub-ledger Accounting
- Operations of General Ledger
- Other related modules
Professional Implementation Services
We firmly believe that the more understanding about the success and failures of various cases, the higher the chances of successfully implementing ERP systems.
Contact our IT Consultants now, and we will show you what we believe is the key to success.